Every month the MRC's team of economists issues this barometer for the Luxembourg and European economy. This indicator tracks recent fluctuations in the Luxembourg market and in the overall Eurozone.
There was little variation in our barometer this month, save an increase of 2 points and it remains in neutral territory at +8. Although consumer sentiment is lower in Europe, it has improved in Luxembourg.
Key statistics for Luxembourg:
- The manufacturing sector has improved
- Unemployment is down 6% year-on-year
- GDP increased 4.8%
- Growth was driven by the financial and industrial sectors (Q4)
- There was a substantial rise in the balance of international trade in services between 2014 and 2015 (+23%, +bn € 3.9).
- Luxembourg and Germany were the only two countries to keep their AAA rating from Fitch and Standard and Poor's.