Every month the MRC's team of economists issues this barometer for the Luxembourg and European economy. This indicator tracks recent fluctuations in the Luxembourg market and in the overall Eurozone.
Consumer sentiment in Luxembourg has improved greatly despite a mixed outlook at both the European and the global level. The PwC Barometer rose 12 points this month to reach +16.
- Salaried employment was up 0.8% in Q2.
- The number of job seekers has dropped by 4.6%.
- The current account surplus is down EUR 1.2 billion.
- The IMF revised growth projections upwards to 1.7% in 2016 and 1.5% in 2017.
- Inflation rose by 0.4% in September to reach its highest level in the past two years.
- The number of job seekers increased by 8,000 in August.
- The IMF projects sluggish economic growth for this year.
- The OECD downgraded its growth projections for 2016 (to 2.9% instead of 3%).
- China’s manufacturing, retail and investment sectors performed better in August.