Market Research Centre, Director
As Director of PwC’s Market Research Centre, Grégory has conducted several financial sector studies identifying opportunities to enter new markets, launch new products, or assess the impact of regulatory changes. Grégory has also developed thought leadership pieces focusing on the latest trends and future developments. His clients include banks, asset and wealth managers, professional associations, and the European Commission.
Grégory also leads PwC Luxembourg's FinTech practice and advises clients on the impact of innovative business models and new technologies, including distributed ledgers (blockchain). He is in charge of the development of PwC's Global FinTech surveys and reports and one of the authors of The FinTech Book, the first crowd-sourced book on the subject globally.
Grégory has over 15 years of experience in the financial sector. He started his career as a financial engineer in corporate and investment banking before joining PwC in 2007. Grégory holds a Masters degree in Finance from Audencia Nantes - School of Management and completed the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) certificate course on FinTech, Future Commerce.
Relevant work experience includes:
- Workshops with large European asset and wealth managers on the latest trends shaping the market and potential opportunities;
- Support in launching the FundChain initiative, a blockchain research initiative for the fund industry;
- Advice to start-ups regarding the co-creation of market intelligence tools to inform fund sales strategies;
- Support in the development of the Strategic Plan 2014-2018 for the Fondation de Luxembourg;
- Study for BEPA (Bureau of European Policy Advisers) on the cost of non-Europe, 2012;
- Study for the European Commission on the impact of the revision of the Insurance Mediation Directive, 2011;
- Thought leadership pieces: "PwC Global FinTech Report" (2017 and 2016), "Where do you Renminbi?" (2014), "Asset Management in the Social Era" (2013), "Taking the reins" (2012), "Rethinking distribution" (2011),"PwC Global Private Banking and Wealth Management Survey" (2013, 2011, 2009 and, 2007), "Ideal Advice" (2010), "The Third Sphere" (2010) "Ideal Fund" (2009), etc;
- Contribution to various private-public initiatives to support the development of the ecosystem (e.g. task forces on FinTech, Third Industrial Revolution strategic study led by Jeremy Rifkin, and mentoring at the LHoFT).